|In 1920, John Wesley Baltimore and Mamie Starkes Baltimore lived with their children Thomas and Louise. Their house at 1604, south of Woolen Mills Road, was located between the houses of R.N. Gianniny and Marcellus Carter Harlow.
Mamie’s father, James, began work at Marchant’s factory in the 1850’s; the family’s connection to the Marchants and the Mill ran deep. James Starkes’ sister Lucy married Horace Mangrove Giannini (Mr. Nick’s uncle) in December of 1852. That marriage created family ties to many of the mill village residents.